When is a good time for prayer? Well this can actually be any time. Most people think prayer needs to be a set aside and planned time. While this isn’t bad, it can be a detractor for “busy” people. Did you know that simply saying the name of Jesus is a prayer in itself. Evil hides at the very sound of the awesome name of Jesus.
When you wake up in the morning, if you aren’t comfortable with praying, or just aren’t used to it, try this simple prayer. “Thank you Jesus”. Try this every morning. Once you get comfortable with that, you can move onto other things. Perhaps reading a verse, or really think about the things you are truly thankful for. You strengthen your relationship with Jesus, and you will find a peace you never knew you could have in the process.
Here is a short list of places and times I squeeze in a prayer.
• In the Shower
• While eating breakfast (of course after I’ve prayed blessings on the food that is)
• While driving to my destination
• While I’m in the bathroom (yea yea.. I know.. but no one is around)
• During Commercials (muted, you have at least 2 minutes)
• Waiting on a download of something
• Waiting on a slow website to load
• Being put on hold
• When I cant fall asleep
Hope this helps
Blessings to all!